Orbi blinking white light is due to technical glitches in its Orbi firmware update. In this condition, your Orbi router and the satellite will lose their networking capabilities and no longer remain useful. It is a common issue and reported in most of the models of Netgear Orbi router login devices. It has been observed that the Orbi flashing white light error occurred after a sudden power failure of your router.
Causes: Orbi blinking white light issue
- Orbi flashing white or the blinking white light error is due to an inappropriate LAN connection.
- Check the LAN connection between your Orbi firmware and the computer device.
- Use only the provided Ethernet cable with your Netgear Orbi router.
- If you get another Ethernet cable externally, make sure it is up to the standard of your router.
- An unstable internet connection due to heavy traffic load on your network is one of the biggest causes of your Orbi Flashing white light.
Fix: Orbi blinking white light Error
A cold restart of your Orbi router and the satellite can resolve this issue. Maintain a proper power supply in your Orbi router before proceeding. Plug your Orbi into a power outlet and connect the power line adapter.
Restart your Netgear Orbi device
- Power off your Orbi router by pressing the Power On/off button.
- Put your Orbi satellite off by removing it from the power outlet.
- Then, unplug all the other devices from the power sources.
- Leave the devices in the same condition for at least 10 minutes.
- Now, press the power button on your Orbi router and turn it on.
- Plug the satellite into the power outlet near the router.
- Power on your satellite and the other Wi-Fi devices connected to the network.
- When the power cycle finishes, check if the Orbi blinking white light issues resolve or not.
Re-install the firmware of your Netgear Orbi
- Launch your favourite web browser and access the Netgear Official website.
- Search for the Orbi firmware update of your particular Orbi router.
- Download and install the firmware, unzip the file, and save it on your computer.
- Login to the Orbilogin.com login page of your router.
- Enter the username and Orbi default password into the needed fields.
- Go to the menu button from the Basic home page of your router.
- Click the SETTING tab>Router Settings, scroll down and check for the update.
- Tap on the browse button to update the firmware of your router.
After the firmware update, the ring LED on your router will turn solid blue. Netgear Orbi blue light indicates a good connection between your router and the modem.
How can I fix the Orbi Purple light errors?
Is your Orbi showing purple/magenta LED? Are you getting flashing orbi purple light errors continuously? Orbi purple light usually creates confusing conditions among users. It is due to technical problems, incomplete login for the Orbi default password and username, wrong configurations, defaulted Ethernet cable connection and missing leading setups.
Troubleshooting for the Orbi Purple light error
- Check your LAN and the internet connection
- Remove your LAN cable and check whether it is ok or worn out.
- Do not leave any gap between your router and the internet device connected via the Ethernet cables.
- Connect your Netgear Orbi and the client devices to the Orbilogin.com network.
- Check your Orbi default password and login information before using them on the authentication window.
- You can note down all the Orbi default passwords and other credentials from the outer label.
- After checking the above loopholes, reboot all the devices once a month.
- You can now fix the Orbi purple light error by following the above steps. Orbi firmware update is also one of the robust solutions.
Reasons for the Orbi purple light error
Improper cable connection is one of the top-notching errors for the Orbi purple light. The firmware of your router or the Orbi satellite is corrupt. You need to re-install the firmware also. Overheating issues in your Orbi router can also cause this issue. Sudden and unbalanced power supply in your router and the modem.
Using damaged power line adapters or the coaxial cable for the power connection and internet supply. Leaving your Orbi satellite and the router unused for a prolonged period. An incomplete firmware update or reboot will also show Orbi’s purple light error.